Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betta Bump

2 posters

Go down

Betta Bump Empty Betta Bump

Post  Cuttlethefish Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 pm

Hello! I came home from a weekend in Chicago to find one of my female bettas in the sorority tank has an odd lump on the side of her head. I tried googling the symptom but most results were for discolored lumps between the eyes. I'll post pictures when I can but she doesn't want to cooperate right now. It's basically behind her eye and above her gill. She isn't pineconing or bloated, swims and acts just fine, and the lump isn't discolored. I'm not quite sure what it is or what to do. All water parameters are normal and all other fish are just fine. If anyone has some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Cuttlethefish
Cuttlethefish

Back to top Go down

Betta Bump Empty Re: Betta Bump

Post  DavidZ Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 am

Could be lots of things. Most likely is a parasite, or some sort of infection in my estimation.

Sorry cant be of more help.

DavidZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuttlethefish Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Update: She hasn't changed at all in behavior or appearance. The bump is there and all other fish are unaffected. I'd isolate her but my hospital tank is currently occupied by a new resident. I'm hoping it's a benign tumor or cyst. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the input David!
Cuttlethefish
Cuttlethefish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down