Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betta burdigala

2 posters

Go down

Betta burdigala Empty Betta burdigala

Post  jikin junkie Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 am

I picked up some wild bettas at the last auction just because I didn't know what they were and they are listed on the CITES list. I shoe horned them into an empty five gallon and was dismayed that they hid, constantly. I read they were cave spawners so I put a little ceramic hut in their tank, tossed in some java fern and moss. Since I didn't see them for a month, I assumed that they had croaked or jumped out of the tank. I decided to take down the tank for a good cleaning when I picked up the ceramic hut, a dozen small white eggs floated out everywhere. I thought I had ruined their nest. Still no sign of the parents but instead of just bloodworms, I added brine shrimp and microworms just in case. Another week passed and nothing. Today I thought I'd finally take down that tank and when I looked inside and saw a baby fish darting!  Very Happy  So when I don't try to breed stuff, they do fine in the dirtiest tanks. When I try to breed the easy stuff, the fish just look at each other and nothing happens.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Betta burdigala Empty Re: Betta burdigala

Post  Katnapper Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:55 am

Nice surprises like this are so much better than the nasty surprises! You'll have to let us know how things turn out.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down