Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shrimp Farm

2 posters

Go down

The Shrimp Farm Empty The Shrimp Farm

Post  DavidZ Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Had someone email me from the website representing The Shrimp Farm.

They are located in Bloomington and have a website at www.theshrimpfarm.com.

You can email Ryan at ryan@theshrimpfarm.com

DavidZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Shrimp Farm Empty Re: The Shrimp Farm

Post  Katnapper Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Interesting, I didn't know there was such a company in town.  I really like the Amano shrimp I have and would be interested in getting some different species also.  But their prices seem so expensive.  I might email and ask them about it sometime.  Regardless, glad to know they exist and contacted us.  Thanks for passing on the info.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

I was a little concerned about the prices as well.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Shrimp Farm Empty Got some shrimps and a dwarf crayfish

Post  Katnapper Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:35 pm

I'd contacted, and after emailing back and forth with Ryan was able to get over there and bought some things. He was very nice and said he'd recently bought the business and moved it to Bloomington (from Texas, I think?). They are temporarily quartered in a small business suite but are looking for a larger permanent location. They work and ship from their current location for the online website but have most things in storage and are not set up yet as a brick-and-mortar store, which is why he isn't really ready, or hasn't advertised his presence as of yet in Bloomington.

I bought some dwarf Blue Velvet shrimp and a dwarf Orange crayfish. The prices do seem a bit steep; but then again, you can't just pop round the next corner and find what he has. Prices are the same as advertised on the website... minus shipping costs if you pick up. He did give me an informal discount and also threw in a pretty cool moss ball plant as a goodwill gesture. The stock all looked healthy and lively; and the tanks pristine and well kept.

I'm excited about my purchases - they are true to color (as pictured on the website) and really cute! Or, I guess I should say, they were.... as I haven't seen hide nor hair of them again shortly after introducing them into my 75 gallon tank. They must be still shy from the stress of acclimating to a new home. And they sure are good at hiding! It took months for my Amano shrimp to get acclimated to where they would come out regularly (I really thought they must have died for quite some time before they suddenly started making appearances); so I'm assuming these might take some time also. Plus, these are all juveniles and pretty darn small. Will just have to keep my eyes peeled. But overall, good experience with this company.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down