Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wanted najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass (deb, egbar guppies)

2 posters

Go down

wanted  najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass  (deb, egbar guppies) Empty wanted najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass (deb, egbar guppies)

Post  egbar guppies Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

call it what you will, my java moss has finally crowded my Asian star grass out, and I need some new starts to take north with me. who knows
if I'll find it up there except online? It looks like I'll be able to go to the May meeting, so I could pick it up there if anybody has some to part with.
anybody want java moss? thanks!

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

wanted  najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass  (deb, egbar guppies) Empty re: Java moss

Post  Katnapper Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 am

Deb, I've been thinking about asking here for some recommendations of one or two beginner plants. Going to make a different post about that here in a minute since you've got me thinking more about it. But I'm thinking maybe I'd like to try some Java moss, and I'll take some if you're offering. I can pick it up at May's meeting if you'll be there... or PM me and we can arrange something if you'd like. Do you recommend it?
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

wanted  najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass  (deb, egbar guppies) Empty java moss

Post  egbar guppies Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 am

I'll bring some to the meeting. It is among the easiest to grow of all plants. It can interfere with filtration if you have really powerful
flow, pieces can break off and get stuck in it, but for filtration of waste and places for freshwater fish to spawn and the fry to hide in,
it is hard to beat. takes fresh or brackish water and bright light. does better at warmer temps, but survives almost anything.
tie it with a string to a branch or weight it down with a stone and it will just develop into a beautiful mossy looking clump that will take over the tank if you allow it to. I love the stuff!

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

wanted  najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass  (deb, egbar guppies) Empty Re: wanted najas, asian stargrass, guppy grass (deb, egbar guppies)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down