Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and Please Help - Free Cichlid

2 posters

Go down

Hello and Please Help - Free Cichlid Empty Hello and Please Help - Free Cichlid

Post  Siebiscuit Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:34 am

As I'm sure many of you feel the same way, I'm not keen on flushing fish. I'm just getting back into aquariums and live in the Normal area. I have two African Cichlids mixed in with some barbs and snails. The smaller of the cichlids is by far the dominant fish of the tank and I missed my normal feeding-time yesterday (by 3 hours) to come back to one less barb. I know many will say these can't be mixed but everything else in the tank is fairly calm and I had a setup like this in my youth that worked well. Does anybody have an African tank that can accommodate a 2 to 2.5" cichlid? Preferably one with larger fish that won't be bullied? If so, I'd much rather give away this fish as I've spent some time seeing it grow. I should mention I also believe it is responsible for two small Japanese Shrimp going missing. Currently in planted tank and thriving, no signs of illness.

Siebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Hello and Please Help - Free Cichlid Empty Re: Hello and Please Help - Free Cichlid

Post  twocat Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55 am

I will take them if you can not find anyone else that wants them.

We have a meeting at 2 today and you would be welcome to come.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down