Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet Air Pump

4 posters

Go down

Quiet Air Pump Empty Quiet Air Pump

Post  AlexW. Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I went out and bought a new air pump the other day for a new tank in my son's room. Thank you Brad and Jeanna. When I plugged the pump in it is really loud. I can hear it down the hall with the door to his room closed. Does anybody have recommendations on a quiet air pump to drive an airstone in a 10 gallon tank? My wife is pregnant and every little sound in the house keeps her up at night.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Quiet Air Pump Empty whisper

Post  jikin junkie Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Usually the el cheapo whisper air pumps are pretty quiet. Now they make them with four legs so less surface area to rattle against. We've got so many tanks, I just no longer notice the hum of an airpump. Surprised 
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Quiet Air Pump Empty Re: Quiet Air Pump

Post  DavidZ Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:10 pm

I have the blower in my house to push air to all the tanks, and I dont even hear that anymore.

DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I went with the Tetra brand Whisper. It is a thousand times better. I can't even hear it over the sound of the bubbles in the tank. Even at Sailfin it was cheaper than the one I bought at Wally-world. Now that I know that I need an air pump for outdoor tanks the noisy one will go outside next year.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Glad you're sorted with the air pumps, Alex.  As an aside... if your wife has problems with noises keeping her from sleeping... she might want to try foam earplugs.  I started bringing extras home from work years ago when I hooked up with a man that snored.  Loud.  On our first Christmas after we got married, his gift to me was an industrial sized box (500 pairs) of chartreuse green foam earplugs.  Yeah - that was it.  No, that's not why I divorced him, Razz . But actually that was one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever received.  

Even though I don't wear them every night now (like I used to), I wear them fairly often - whenever I sleep away from home, when son has a sleep-over and no amount of "be quiet and respect mom's sleep time" does much good, daytime naps when the rest of the world is noisily going about their business (loud vehicles, neighborhood kids screaming, lawnmowers, hammering or sawing, dogs barking, even car doors), or any time I'm just having trouble sleeping.  They put me in a comforting, no-distraction, sleep mode.  Heck, I'm so conditioned to easily falling asleep when I have them in, it's a wonder I don't fall asleep on the job whenever I do need to use them at work.

Just an idea I thought might help.  Anything that helps make pregnancy (and beyond) nicer is a good thing!
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down