Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How in the world?

3 posters

Go down

How in the world? Empty How in the world?

Post  AlexW. Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 pm

I just thought I would share this story because I found it to be pretty amazing. I was pulling all of the decor out of my Krib tank so I could get the babies out. (those little buggers are quick) when I realized I hadn't seen my reticulated butterfly loach. I looked and looked all over the tank. I had pulled the filter cover off and I was worried he wiggled up into the filter. I finally gave up on finding him in the tank and began to put the decoratons back in. This is when I found him lying on the floor under one of the rocks. I knew he was dead, it had been over an hour since I pulled that rock. It was so long the anubias were starting to wilt. I reached down to pick him up to throw him away and he started wiggling. I quickly scooped him up and tossed him into a tank. He kind of fluttered down to the bottom and laid there on his back. At this point I thought it was too little too late. I went back to work on the other tank and when I came back to scoop him out he was in his usual position suctioned to the glass. I was shocked. I don't know how he survived out of water for over an hour.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

How in the world? Empty amazing

Post  egbar guppies Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm

and lucky fish! My son's giant pleco jumped out of its tank one night and spent about 4 hours on the floor. his skin was dry in places but he survived... can't figure out how or why except luck.

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

How in the world? Empty Re: How in the world?

Post  Katnapper Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Amazing! We had a clown loach a couple of years ago that we couldn't find after taking out all the decorations to clean. After searching and searching, scratching our heads, and about giving up... we looked one more time inside a vertical fake log type thing, and there he was in the bottom of it. He'd been in there (out of the water) for only about 10 minutes or so.... but we were shocked that he made it after we hurridly plopped him back in the tank. I would have thought that was stretching it! But your two stories are simply... well, amazing (again, lol)!
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

How in the world? Empty Re: How in the world?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down