Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corydoras Habrosus

3 posters

Go down

Corydoras Habrosus Empty Corydoras Habrosus

Post  AlexW. Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 pm

I've got a small school of Corydoras Habrosus. I've got eight in with the guppies from the last meeting. They are doing well, but I would like to try to get them to breed. Anybody had any luck with these guys?
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Corydoras Habrosus Empty dwarf cory

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:52 pm

We've had them breed on accident. I think Brad had started with six in a 30 gallon platy tank and one day we looked in there and there were 10 or more. Cool fish. I wish I knew what caused them to spawn because we honestly forgot about them and then there were more than what we had started with. I assume they are egg scatterers like other cory species. I've bred the common greens on accident. Did a large cool water change and the next day, eggs everywhere. I moved the parents and the eggs hatched and I had lots and lots of cory fry. They like to swim at all levels in the tank, seem to like a lot of plants to hide in too.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Corydoras Habrosus Empty dwarf cory breeding

Post  egbar guppies Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

I have had paleatus breeding in my guppy tank on several occasions and lost most of the eggs due to guppy browsing. the eggs that were hidden did hatch, but whatever the guppies could find they made quick work of-they are omnivores. If you want to keep as many eggs as possible, i suggest you separate them from the gups before you get started.

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

Corydoras Habrosus Empty Re: Corydoras Habrosus

Post  AlexW. Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Outside of spreading out that java moss matt I don't have a lot of cover. I was hoping to let the school grow, but I don't have any specific plans to breed them. With my Pearl GOuramis getting ready to spawn they have taken a back burner at the moment, but I will keep that in mind. The tank they were in was completely wrong for them. It had tiger barbs and loaches and plecos. No eggs were going to get missed in there.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Corydoras Habrosus Empty Re: Corydoras Habrosus

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum