Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another extinct species of fish

2 posters

Go down

Yet another extinct species of fish Empty Yet another extinct species of fish

Post  jikin junkie Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

I read an article recently about the Madagascar cichlid "Mangarahara cichlid" that will now face extinction due to it's habitat being dammed up and dried out. It is really infuriating to say the least at how little people care for the environment. It is also surprising to learn that this fish was kept in zoos who did not monitor its natural environment or make sure they had a breeding program in place before it's too late and they are now desperate to find a mate for the only three males left in the world. Here is a link. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22468206
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Yet another extinct species of fish Empty Re: Yet another extinct species of fish

Post  Katnapper Sat May 18, 2013 2:09 am

This is sad; and I hate it that it's an unfortunately increasing situation for so many species of every type these days. Sad
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Yet another extinct species of fish Empty C.A.R.E.S program

Post  jikin junkie Sat May 18, 2013 9:09 pm

After reading about the Madagascar cichlids, it has given me the deciding factor to join a conservation program. I can certainly donate tank space to a species on the verge of extinction. I already keep bedotia rainbows and a starry night cichlid (not sure if it's polleni or bleekeri). I love you And also Ameca splendens and Xenotoca eiseni.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Yet another extinct species of fish Empty Re: Yet another extinct species of fish

Post  Katnapper Sat May 18, 2013 11:38 pm

(For the above post)

Where is the "Like" button? Smile
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down