Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Rams Spawn

2 posters

Go down

Blue Rams Spawn Empty Blue Rams Spawn

Post  AlexW. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 pm

I just had a pair of Blue Rams Spawn in my community tank. Anyone ever raised ram babies? Any suggestions on first foods? I am finding that the parents are suprisingly adept at defending the spawn site. They chose a corner so that helps quite a bit as they only need to defend a quarter of the perimeter that they would have to defend in an open spawning site. It is still impressive to see a 3/4" female ram push back a 4" loach.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Blue Rams Spawn Empty Re: Blue Rams Spawn

Post  DavidZ Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

I'd probably start with Microworms or Hakari First Bites.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:33 pm

The male started eating the spawn last night. I was sitting there watching him and he just started picking at the nest and I thought he was cleaning the site, but then I realized there where about half as many eggs as there were before and I was heartbroken. Crying or Very sad I removed the rock to a breeder net in the same tank with a little current running across it. It had already been almost two days since they laid the eggs, so hopefully I will still get some fry out of it, but who knows.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down