Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guppy update MARK

4 posters

Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty Guppy update MARK

Post  twocat Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

None of the pairs I purchase from St. Louis has had babies yet.

I purchase a trio of glass belly guppies and both females have laid a small batch.

twocat

Back to top Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty guppies to share

Post  pops48 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm. I've been taking better care of what I have and should have some Black Moscows from the original stock that's been selling at the CAFE auction to share. One pair from St. Louis dropped but the tank is heavily planted so I'm not sure how many. It's a beautiful pair of half-black pastels from St. Louis. They're a few days old and show half-black color. Hopefully there will be some of them to share also. I'm not sure if I'll have any other strains to share but ???

pops48

Back to top Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty Re: Guppy update MARK

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am

I'm certain my red and blue bi colors dropped because the female was very gravid and now slimmer but I can't find a single fry. I have them in with some small rice fish. I don't think the rice fish would eat the fry but.....? I'll be getting a pair of vienna swordtail guppies next week. I also have some panda moscows that are just babies but are growing fast. I picked up some green cobras from the auction also.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty guppy update

Post  egbar guppies Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 pm

watching and taking notes! I'd surely love to see pictures of these new fish that everybody is getting. (yes thats a hint ) I am gonna have to thin the tanks a couple more times before we head north, my stock is in 10 gallons and they are still having babies... so will have more to share. Will move on some older breeders before i go too.....
if interested in breeding snakeskin/cobra pattern multis or reds or yellows, let me know and i'll set you up with some.

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 am

My see thru guppies have spawn and I have about 40 babies

My albino red guppies have had a small spawn, about 6

One of my pastel guppies died, the other female looks like she could give birth any day.

My albino snake skin purchase from the swap have not done anything yet

twocat

Back to top Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty guppy fry

Post  jikin junkie Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

My blond vienna swords had 18 fry. I thought they would have larger batches? Like 30? The fry are very large which is good. My red blue bi colors had 8 fry on the first drop and just yesterday, 10 fry. There fry are very small. My neon swords from the swap have not done anything yet, but one of the female is getting large. I've been feeding lots of brine plus some egg yolk food I bought at the swap. I'm trying to feed at least 2 times a day and sometimes more. I didn't remove the fry because they seem to be fine with the parents. Very Happy Mark, I hope your albino snakeskin from the swap make lots of babies...I'd really like some!
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Guppy update MARK Empty taking pictures

Post  jikin junkie Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Well they won't say cheese. Guppy update MARK 01411
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:39 pm

They look nice.