Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February's Meeting

5 posters

Go down

February's Meeting Empty February's Meeting

Post  DavidZ Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

This February's meeting is going to be a great one!!!

Phil Nixon from the Champaign club is coming over to do a presentation on Aquarium Photography!! The Meeting is going to be held at Brad and Gina's house in Normal.

We are reimbursing Phil for his time and trouble, so donations will be appreciated from everyone.

I will have several raffle items to help offset the cost for everone, including plants and fish.

Come support CITAC and learn a skill that will increase the enjoyment of your aquarium hobby in aquarium photography.

See you all there.

DavidZ

DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Re: February's Meeting

Post  Katnapper Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 am

Sounds great, David!!  What do you think would be an appropriate contribution amount?  Would $5.00 be good? I can also contribute some spirulina and/or bee pollen for the raffle if wanted.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07 am

B,

Yes $5 would be pleanty. I believe we're giving him $60 so there should be enough of us there to cover that.

Any contributions to the raffle woudl be great!

Thanks!

DZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Reminder to bring your cameras

Post  Katnapper Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:43 pm

I'll bring some spirulina and bee pollen for the raffle.

Also, I thought it would be a good idea if we all brought our own cameras.  It might be helpful when/if the speaker shows us settings, tips, or even maybe taking some practice shots on some of Brad and Gina's tanks with our own individual cameras.   Very Happy

It might help too, in the meantime before the meeting, and for those who want to, to take some photos at home to facilitate and gather any questions we might individually have to ask him about our particular results or problems while he is there.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Feb. meeting

Post  pops48 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:34 am

Following a suggestion from jikin, I asked Phil Nixon about having lunch before the meeting with some of the club. He just responded today with a big yes. He'll also bring his wife who is responsible for the Champaign club bulletin each month and contributes many pictures. He's also bringing Jerry Montgomery who has contributed many photos recently. He suggested a donation of $20 instead of $60 if we pick up lunch for him and his wife. More information to coming soon.

PS: Great idea about bringing cameras and pictures!

pops48

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:04 am

Sounds great, Pops!  I'd be interested in gabbing/listening over lunch too (as long as we're not going someplace too expensive).

Your comment (in another thread) about taking lots of pics in order to get a few good ones is spot on.  I've had a renewed interest lately in my photography (thanks, Gina!) and have been taking hundreds (er, um, actually several thousand, lol  Shocked ) in the past couple of months of my fishes, snails, and shrimps.  Have been going to post some, but I get caught up in hours of going through them and deleting tons, and trying to figure out which are the best to save.  Then I get tired of doing that, so I just go and take some more.  Rolling Eyes  Going to try to make a concerted effort to pare it down to a manageable amount and pick some to share.

Speaking of which, maybe some of us might also want to bring some samples of their own pics on a thumb drive, phone, tablet, or laptop to share or reference for questions/help.  I'm thinking I might bring my laptop with some pics on it so I can ask how to make them better.  I have some good equipment, but not the knowledge to do the best with it settings-wise, I think.  I'd like to know how to get a wider depth of field, as I like taking close-up macro shots... but the depth of field is so short only a small area is usually in focus.  Very much looking forward to getting some help with this!
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Sounds great,

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Places to eat

Post  jikin junkie Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Steak and Seafood places are going to have to be off the options for my pocket book, but what does everyone like? Brad says Famous Daves? Also how many people are going to go lunch?
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm open to about anything.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Sunday lunch

Post  pops48 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Checked with Phil and "Famous Daves" will be fine. Meet there about noon. Who all is coming? There is only one Famous Daves in Bloomington? Noon should be plenty of time, shouldn't it? Pops.

pops48

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:40 pm

All sounds OK with me... I'm in.  

Correct, only one Famous Dave's in Bloomington/Normal:   1603 Morrissey Dr, Bloomington

A link to their website and menus in case you want to plan your meal/budget beforehand:

Bloomington Website: http://www.famousdaves.com/bloomington-il

Lunch: http://www.famousdaves.com/sites/default/files/menus/3009_Lunch_In_Mercedes.pdf 

Dinner: http://www.famousdaves.com/sites/default/files/menus/3009_Dine_In_Mercedes.pdf

Last edited by Katnapper on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected links)
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 pm

I am not able to do lunch but I will be at the meeting.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty Great meeting!

Post  Katnapper Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Today's meeting was definitely excellent!!! Very Happy  Lots of practical and interesting ideas and helpful information; and I really enjoyed meeting Phil and his wife and Jerry.  Now, to use some of that info to hopefully take some better aquarium/fish pics!  

You know what was a bummer though (besides losing my mind and getting lost)?  I accidentally left my to-go box sitting on the table at Famous Dave's.  Realized it on my way home from Brad & Gina's... but wasn't going to journey back there and see if they'd kept it (probably not).  Good thing I did eat the rest of my ribs while I was there (thanks, Pops)!  No huge loss of leftover brocolli... but darnit, TWO corn muffins... mine and Jerry's!  Jerry's poor muffin probably had a complex by the time they dumped it in the trash - Jerry didn't want it, and then I abandoned it too.   Sad
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Couldn't agree more Bec, great job getting them here Tony!!!

Hope they had a good time.

DavidZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

February's Meeting Empty yesterday's meeting

Post  pops48 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I thanked Phil and he sent back that they had a good time. Good job everyone!

pops48

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down