Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder

2 posters

Go down

food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder  Empty food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder

Post  twocat Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 am

Does anyone have any home made fish food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder ?
From what I have read bee pollen is suppose to be 40 percent protein.

I was thinking that I could mix a equal part together and use it for fry food.

I was also thinking I could do some type of mix and add gelatin ( I am not sure how much gelatin to add) and use it that way. The spirulina should be good for my albino plecos.

I was also thinking about adding some ripe bananas, mashed sweet potatoes and some garlic powder. I could mash / mix this up and freeze it. After frozen I could break it off and feed it to my fish just like my beef heart mix.

I could also add it to my next batch of beef heart.

Any suggestions, any thoughts?

Yes, I did buy a lb of spirulina and bee pollen powder.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder  Empty Re: food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder

Post  twocat Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 am

I just mixed up one ripe banana, 1/2 of a mashed (baked) sweet potatoes (left over from dinner) and 1 Tlb of garlic powder, spirulina and bee pollen powder. I put it in a ziplock and put it in the freezer. I will let you know what the fish think.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder  Empty In the "FS" ad...

Post  Katnapper Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Mark,

I did post several different recipes I found online at various places (links to websites where I found each is included at the bottom of each recipe). You have to scroll down several years (so sorry about the length the post eventually became), past the rather long info section on spirulina itself to get to the recipes.

Or maybe some others will chime in here. Yes, please let us know how it goes over with the fish!

Becky
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder  Empty Re: food recipes that uses spirulina and / or bee pollen powder

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down