Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thanks for the input

3 posters

Go down

thanks for the input Empty thanks for the input

Post  egbar guppies Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm

I still have the old side hangers with one siphon and one or 2 spouts, easy to change filter media but i lose fry to it in the community tanks, gonna need to get something new eventually. thanks for telling us about it!

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

thanks for the input Empty Re: thanks for the input

Post  DavidZ Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

If I was going to use it with fry in the tank I'd put one of the Magnum Filter sleaves over it.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

When I use the hang on back filters what I do is buy the sponge media for aquarium filters and cut it so its just a bit bigger than the intake, put a hole in the middle and fit it over the intake. This works pretty well on most of the smaller hang on backs and it also filters out the larger diameter particles, establishes an additional biological filter, and exposes a lot of the microorganisms that would normally be in your filter to the fry so they have a place to graze on infusoria. For the larger intakes I suppose you could cut a plug out of the sponge media and stuff it into the intake tube.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum